How are we supposed to know what our future holds? Do we depend on fate? Or do we hold on to luck? If there is luck how do you get more of it? All these questions have stayed in my mind for a while now.
Religion would tell us that free will is an illusion. How can you really tell? We’d like to think that all good fortunes are of our effort. While we put the blame on God, luck and superstition when things go bad.
I wish that a thundering voice from the sky would shout out the answers. Let’s be sure on one truth though:
“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
You have a choice to live as if everything didn’t matter. Go day-to-day, paying your bills, saving up for retirement, forcing yourself to run from your truth. What is your truth you ask? It’s the biggest fear you’re putting away for temporary security.
It won’t be easy. Those you tell you that life is an adventure and everything will come your way if you think about it long enough is selling you a false hope. You work, you get. You dream, you’re sleeping your life away.
Let’s put out the 5 main ideas to keep you on track, to uncover your greatest fear, to create your own luck.
- Be good at saying no. Be honest, are you really good at this? Do you have the guts to say that your priorities matters more in this case. “Can you take out the trash?” Calmly… “No.” Practice drawing your boundaries. It’s your Dojo of Freewill. Be so good that when ‘time-wasters’ or ‘energy-vampires‘ are trying to rob you, you block and carry on what you know to be the right thing to do.
- Make scary decisions often. Going to a haunted house isn’t the only scary thing out there. It can be as safe as being alone in a dark room with just pure silence to quitting your job and starting your own business. Things that scare you the most also grows your perspective. Do it now!
- When in doubt, shut up! Don’t you hate it when you ask a question in public, a stranger shouts to you the wrong answer you tell it to them but they still keep shouting. Well that’s how we sound like when life is trying to tell you that you’re incorrect. SHUT UP, try to listen.
- Expect to be lucky and be stubborn about it. I’m not asking you to invest all your money in a casino now. I won’t pay you back. Flip a coin, do it. What did you get? Heads? Tails? Try again. Now what? Life is simple you lose now, you win later. Just be patient with it. It’s going to happen. Keep flipping.
- Be kind as much as you can. Karma is a word invented to keep everyone in line. You do good, you get good. Vice-versa. Whether it exists or not is another post we’ll look into. Look at it this way, if you plant a tree eventually the air that you breathe will somehow positively affect the world you live in.
Get lucky and be a star!
- Beliefs (onewebstrategy.wordpress.com)
- Doubt. Without it, your faith does not exist. (waitingforheaven.wordpress.com)
- Energy Vampires: BEWARE (sweetjulianne.wordpress.com)
- Socrates Self-Examination (liorrosenfeld.wordpress.com)
- Detox your Life (sakshimathur28.wordpress.com)
- How Lucky Are You To Be Reading This Infographic? (business2community.com)
- Whats luck got to do with it? Whats luck got to do with it? Hiscox Blog (hiscox.co.uk)
- 9 Philosophies Of Happiness To Live By (thoughtcatalog.com)